What makes us different?
- It is very easy to say: we want to offer your business pragmatic solutions, but this is exactly what we do!
- We are constantly investigating new technology, understanding it, cultivating experts who are involved in it, looking at how it will impact and integrate with existing technology, so we can offer our clients the most flexible solutions.
- Our intention is to explain matters in simple terms, to solve problems without fuss or complications and to give you the correct advice. Our “Approach, Understanding and Relationships” are extremely important to us and the combination of these factors makes us different.
What do we offer?
- It depends on you (our client); this is why our dialogue and us gaining an understanding of your requirements is so important.
- You will need to have confidence in us to deliver. This confidence has to be gained by our Approach, our Understanding and then our Relationship can build. This is when projects run smoothly.
- We can supply an individual to work as part of your team, this person can lead or be answerable to your internal representative.
- Or we can supply a full team consisting of an overall lead consultant who is supported by individual specialists in their particular areas - it depends on you.
- MultiCast has the knowledge and understanding to select the most appropriate team – not just a collection of individuals, but a team who support and work easily with each other.
- We take away the pressure & management time required to find, recruit and manage expert staff – we do all of this for you.
David Phillips – CEO, MultiCast Consultancy
David has gained a wide range of global experience over thirty years, both technical and commercial in broadcast supplier companies, as well as in operational roles at ITV. He graduated from the University of Wales with a degree in Electronic Engineering and is a Chartered Engineer and Fellow of the IET.
David has many years of international experience at board-level and in general management having held Managing Director roles at the merged companies of Philips BTS, Thomson and Grass Valley and then TSL. During this time, David has developed an extensive network of global contacts within the Broadcast industry and is skilled in setting up and structuring organisations and companies.
MultiCast Consultancy gives David an independent and comprehensive view of current client requirements in the industry.
Simon Deeks - Director, MultiCast Consultancy
Simon’s background is in broadcast electronics, having worked for the IBA on MPEG encoders in the 1990s. Simon stayed with them through their transition to NDS, and moved into the Conditional Access side, which in turn led to a focus into wide area and enterprise networking.
Simon then worked at Cisco Systems in San Jose on Cable router development, and gained his Cisco CCIE, followed by stints at US and European service providers, and a return to NTL to develop and deploy the backhaul IP network for UK DTV and then DAB.
He has stayed in the networking environment ever since, further building on experience and application for all manner of network, LAN, WAN and connected systems, and having worked for several major financial institutions and Global Cisco and HP partners in a Principle Solutions engineering role.
Simon has maintained broadcast links along with his networking, and as file based systems have become commonplace, he has designed and implemented networks for multichannel playout and MAM systems for national broadcasters.
Simon now develops complex networking and communications solutions across a wide technology base, from bespoke integrations, global MPLS, broadcast and asset management solutions.